Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Uncle's Gambling Addiction


I got a notice from my bank the other day.

It seems that my uncle (who has always had trouble living within his means) is in financial trouble again.

What with the economy being tough and businesses suffering, he decided he could help us out by taking $12,000 of money out of our account (without asking, of course), visiting the roulette table and betting it all on one spin of the wheel.

He bet on red and the ball fell on black.

He's a resilient sort, so he was able to shake it off and is back again asking for more money. This time, he says, he's sure his bet is right. If I fork over another $20,000, he'll get me my original money back.

The problem is, I don't think Uncle Sam needs more of my money, I think he needs to go to Gambler's Anonymous.

No comments:

Subscribe in a reader